Sunday, April 11, 2010

Alaska

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick update on my kitty Alaska (white one in the pictures) who I adopted from the Brantford Humane Society about 6 years ago. When I first sat down with her in the little room to interact with her and see what her personality was like, she was kind of afraid, kind of saucy, and even bit me! But I knew she was the kitten for me. She had 2 different coloured eyes and extra digits on her paws. I knew some people might use that as a reason against adopting her, so I wanted to make sure this unique kitten found a good home.

It took her a few months to get used to her new home, but eventually she became very social and loves napping and nuzzling with everyone at my house. We got another cat about a year later, and now the two are inseparable. Alaska grooms Monty all the time, and they even sit on the heating vent together in the winter to keep toasty.. as shown in one of the pictures attached :)

She's doing great and we're so glad we adopted her!

M.P.
Brantford, ON